Sunday 26th November is our Gift Service. This year, as before, we are supporting the Giving Tree Project run by Coventry City Mission.
Sarah White, Coventry City Mission’s Giving Tree Co-ordinator, writes:
The Giving Tree project provides gifts for those disadvantaged children in Coventry who wouldn’t otherwise receive them. They are all referred to us by community agencies or schools. With the continuing high cost of living, we are keen to support as many families as we can and are distributing in more areas of the city than ever. Families come to a party in their area in the week before Christmas to join in craft activities, meet Santa and collect their bags of toys. For us, this project is not just about providing gifts for the children, it is about meeting with families and sharing God’s love with them.
Different ways you can help:
- Bring a gift to church on Gift Sunday 26th November. Please note:
- We aim to give each child a gift worth about £15. You may like to club together with a friend. We’re always short of gifts for girls aged 8 – 12.
- The toys must be new and unwrapped.
- CCM cannot give books, clothing, soft toys, CDs, DVDs, electronics or video games.
- Bring a ‘One for All’ gift voucher to value of £10: available in POs, many supermarkets and high street shops. These are especially useful for teenagers, given along with a small present.
- Buy a designated present from the Giving Tree request list on Amazon or a gift card:
- https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/1F08E4G2IOTWO?ref_=wl_share: Choose Coventry City Mission as delivery address (not shown in full). **Please ensure gifts are scheduled for delivery by the end of November.
- Make a donation of money: this will be used to cover any shortage of presents. Bring cash in an envelope to Gift Sunday, or cheque made out to ‘Coventry City Mission’. If giving by bank transfer: A/c details: Coventry City Mission, 40-52-40, 00018702 – please use the reference GT2023.
- Pray that we can support those most in need across the city and that we will receive enough donations of presents and money required to fund the project. Pray for health of all the staff and volunteers working to make the project happen.