Your Invitation to a Service of Remembering for Cheylesmore and Styvechale 22nd October 2023, 3pm at Quinton Park Baptist Church
Quinton Park Baptist Church, on behalf of all the churches of South Coventry, is hosting a Service of Remembering. This is a special time for all those who have experienced bereavement in the last year or so, not only for people in our churches but also for the wider community. Our local undertakers, Henry Ison & Sons Funeral Directors, will be contacting people on their database and using social media to let as many people know as possible.
- This makes this service a real mission opportunity and so we value your help.
- If you have experienced personal loss, then you are especially welcome to come along with your family and friends
- If your neighbours and friends have lost loved ones, please let them know about this and offer to come along with them
- If God prompts you, join in so that you can listen and encourage others on their journey through bereavement
- Please pray for all involved that God may use this time of remembering to show them his love, give them hope and help them know they are not alone in their sadness and struggles to move on.
The service will include appropriate hymns, prayers and a bible reading, together with a short message from the Revd Roger Woodward, who has taken many services in our area over the years. There will also be space for personal reflections and to commemorate the lives of those who have died.
There will be a quiet ‘craft table’ for younger children to involve them but in a different way.
Refreshments will be available afterwards so that we can have time to be together so people can, if they wish, share their stories.
Revd David Spriggs